So I have been wanting to write this post from a very long time. Don’t know what really kept me waiting. But hey better late than never right?
Whenever I paint my nails I get compliments all the time, infact people often ask me if they are my real nails or not. There were times when I wanted to get acrylic sets done and my manicurist always says no don’t go for it, you have pretty strong nails 😀 So I thought I should share my tips and tricks with you all and here’s your ultimate guide to Nail Care.
- Always moisturize your nails preferably with an oil. My choice of oil is Argan Oil. It not only strengthens your nails but also boosts their growth. Bonus point it takes care of your cuticle as well.
- Wonder why your nail paint looks fine in-person but when you click picture it looks horrible! Happened with me atleast (wonder why you want to click a pic of your mani? Coz Insta duh :D).
- File them! Filing them just a bit makes a whole lot of difference
- Push those cuticles! Don’t forget to push back the cuticle. I do this right after the shower or you can dip your fingers in a bowl filled with warm water. (Be gentle while removing callus)
- Once you have pushed the cuticles and removed the dead skin around your nails wash your hands to remove any dirt coz then later it will make the polish application uneven.
- Now your nail bed should be completely DRY. Apply a thin coat on your nails.
- Never apply polish under the fan or in windy surroundings. Your polish will bubble up once it’s dried. Trust me you don’t want that. AC is fine but ceiling fan or table fan or sitting near a window is a big NO NO.
- Once the first coat is completely dry apply the second coat. Once dried don’t forget to apply top coat for that glossy finish.
- If you are in the mood of some nail art say using nail stickers then let the two coats of nail paint dry. Wait for 1.5-2 hours or more than that if it’s possible coz once you stick the sticker it will smudge your polish!
- Once nail art is done smoothen it up using a good top coat.
- Wash your hands and then moisturize them generously.
And voila your nails look as if were done by a professional 🙂