How are you all?… Well I’ve been MIA from very very long time because my SIL was in town for Rakhi and then there were soooo many things going around. Was working on new website plus we’ve bought a flat… yayyy. I’m so happy I just can’t express it and soon again I’ll be busy with the interiors of the same.
Now coming to the blog post I was nominated for the Liebster Award by very sweet Aditi (Diary of a Cusp). If you head over to her blog you’ll be drooling over lots and lots things her cakes, her subtle manicures and a lot more :). I came across blog via Insta and yes I’ve made lots of insta friends.
Ok so now talking about the Liebster Award, the word “Liebster” in German means “Dearest or Beloved.” Came to know this via your blog only Aditi :).
Rules to follow are:
You list 11 facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Finally, you nominate a few more bloggers including the one nominated you.
11 Facts about me
1. My birthday is just round the corner. Next Week.
2. I love presents. Who doesn’t. So you can send me one 😉
3. I like my left hand compared to my right. Weird but its like that only.
4. I like my nail paints to last for atleast 10 days, so for that I invest one hr in my manicure :P. I like tip-top nails and I admire the same.
5. I eat one bite of chocolate DAILY.
6. Favourite flavour : Mint
7. I like/prefer travelling to places considered as shopping destinations.
8. I always tend to like Pink color. Its not favorite or something but it always happens that I fall for that particular shade. My trousseau collection had loads of pink. 😛
9. I can talk to myself…. like how two people talk.
10. I don’t enjoy cooking at all, though I cook well. Out of 30 days there will be like 7 or 10 days when I’m in the mood of cooking.
11. This is going to be my 1st and last longest post. 😀
(When I read Aditi’s post I came to know that 2,3,5,9 and 10 holds true for me as well 😛 except that my favorite cartoon is Uncle Scrooge)
Answers to the questions of Aditi:
1. What made you start a blog?
I’m a huge make-up lover. When I was younger my aunt who stays in the US used to get make-up n all for my mother. I’ve seen my mum using all fancy lipsticks estee lauder and really long sticks of revlon (which I don’t think we get these days), I was not allowed to even touch those but when she used to go to college (she’s a lecturer) I used to try all her lipsticks 😛 . In my teenage whenever I needed any lipstick I used hers. And after my marriage my choice of colors n all completely changed. From browns to lovely pinks and reds. Until then I was completely unaware of the blogs, and the eureka moment came when my SIL introduced me to these fancy things last year during our Pondicherry trip. So after months and months of research and thinking I finally started up with something.
2. What’s the story behind your blog name?
Husband suggested so because of my addiction to these pretty little things.
3. What inspires you everyday to keep going in all the spheres of life along with blogging?
Nothing. I know its a very clumpsy answer but I’m very lazy and laid back and easy going sort of person. I need that push daily.
4. What do you think of the impact of social media in today’s world?
In today’s world, things change quickly and it is hard to keep up with the trends. Its because of social media that we are able to keep our finger on the pulse of what’s going on.
5. What is that one thing that you can do for days without a fuss and getting tired?
Eat and Sleep.
6. Do you consider yourself successful in what you do? Why?
Apart from part time blogging I teach. And I see lots of smiling faces when results are out.
7. What is your idea of relaxing on a holiday?
My idea of relaxing hoilday would be doing nothing, getting dressed up and roam and eat.
8. How would you describe your personal fashion and styling sense, edgy, classy, trendy, geeky, etc. ?
Classy and Sober.
9. What is your criteria to follow a blog, specially with less followers? How do you judge?
I judge on the basis of my liking content they’ve written. If I find it rude/show-off kinda behaviour/writing I’ll instantly stop reading that. Followers doesn’t matter. I like to read stuff that reaches out to mass and to which everybody can recall with.
10. If given a chance and the required resources that it might take, what would you like to do for the betterment of the next generation?
I’ll open a school and teach.
11. What is your favorite cuisine? Why?
Mexican because of love for beans. Both rajma and black beans and sour cream and guacomole anddddd I want nachos right now.
My turn now:
- Are you a Vegetarian/Non-Vegetarian?
- Hollywood or Desi Bollywood?
- Do you like animated movies? Which is you favorite?
- Do you cook? Whats your speciality?
- What one advice you would give to your younger self?
- Do you like rainy season? Why?
- What are your views on ALS Ice bucket challenge?
- What is your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging?
- What were your favorite games as a child?
- Which is your most annoying habit?
- Are you smiling right now? 🙂
- Diary of a Cusp
- The Pink Trends
- The Knot Story
- Heart Bows & Make-up
- Tadka Pasta
And that’s wrap now. Thank you reading. Have a happy long weekend 🙂