So for the longest time I wanted to write a post on the affordable makeup brushes in the Indian market. And of course off late I came across PRIVATE LABELLING which I am going to discuss later in the post. I am guilty of using the most crappy quality of makeup brushes because of course they were dead cheap and I didn’t know that it’s the brush which makes sure you use just the right amount of the product! Especailly when it comes to eye-makeup.
So the first ever makeup brushes I used was from Vega Brushes and I had ordered pack of 5 brushes which had blush brush and all the eye-makeup brushes. And I was using those for my eyeshadows and all and I used to struggle with the pigmentation. The colour just never showed up on my lids. Ok I understand that I have pigmented eyelids, but I was using an eye-primer! Still no colour. Damn frustrating. The only brush I liked was the blush/powder brush and I still use it. It is pretty decent. That’s when it striked me of spending extra bucks for my brushes rather spending on different eyeshadows. For the record I used to work with my Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette and MAC Bronze back then and both are pretty decent when it comes to the pigmentation.
So that’s when I started looking for better quality brushes. And over the period of time I have quite a few brushes and all of them All are of the top notch quality. And of course easily available in India.
- Real Techniques Face Expert Brush– Excellent for buffing in the foundation
- Colorbar Eye Blending Brush– For concealer and eye-primer alternative is Lottie London Concealer Brush
- Real Techniques Setting Brush– Great for setting the concealer with powder
- Vega Brush– I use the Blush Brush out of all, alternative for this brush is Lottie London Blush Brush which retails for Rs 850/-
- Real Techniques Stippling Brush- I use it for my Colourpop Blushes alternative for this brush could be Lottie London Studio Star Stippling Brush.
- PAC Brushes- Fan brush for that highlighter.
- Real Techniques Powder Brush– It’s really big for my face but I use this to dust of extra powder from face. Alternative is PAC Brushes Powder Brush
- Powder Brush, 2. Expert Face Brush, 3/4. Stippling Brushes 5/6. Setting Brushes 7. Contour Brush 8. Highlighter Brush
I use Colorbar Brushes for the detailing in my eye-makeup.
So the reason I started looking for the cheap but quality brushes is Private Labelling. I wanted to try some branded brushes off lately and to my shock I came to know that these brands DON’T manufacture or design their brushes and stuff. They just buy in bulk or may be have tie ups with the manufacturers in China and all they do is just slap their labels. Of course it is cheap for them as they buy in bulks and sell according to their brand name by increasing the prices way beyond 100%.
It’s not just with brushes but also with other makeup as well. So I thought if I am getting the same quality of brushes by paying a much lesser amount then why not?
That’s when I came across BS-MALL brushes and I am very happy with the quality of brushes and looking forward to order more.
PS – I wanted Real Techniques FAN brush badly as initially I disliked PAC Brushes FAN Brush as it just didn’t work with The Balm Mary-Loumanizer and my Freedom Makeup Highlighter. It came in a bundle pack and I got 3 Real Technique Brushes for Rs 1200/- . It included Setting Brush, FAN Brush and Contour Brush.
Hope you all like my favourite brushes 🙂 What are your favourite makeup brushes?